Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This Week's Frugal Finds

While the only businesses in the tiny town where we live are the post office and feed store, the next town over is a bit bigger and has a thrift store. It's small, a bit disorganized (they all are, right?), and there isn't a whole lot of turnover, but it is CHEAP! Most of the books, clothing, and kitchen things I've bought have been ten cents each. That, my friends, is a steal! Here's what I picked up this week:



My favorite items are the Sandra Boynton board book Doggies and the sewing book. I have begun collecting these older how-to books for sewing, embroidery, etc. and have found them to be quite helpful in my fledgling crafting. The rest are workbooks that I didn't go through thoroughly, but at a dime apiece, even if I only get one idea out of each, I think they're worth the money. I'm also working on building up our crafting supplies on the cheap, and the chenille stems are in my favorite autumn colors.

Other recent treasures added to our household are two toddler sized chairs and a little house.



My mom bought the house at Goodwill for $1.50 - it didn't come with anything and at this point, it's OK because Goose is having fun with it as-is. My mother-in-law is an avid auction-goer, and I'll admit that is something I don't have much patience for. What happened to estate sales??? Anyway, I had my eye on these two chairs, and MIL thought she got them $25 for the two, not a terrible price in my mind. But when she went to pay for them, it was $15 for the two. It's tough to find plastic chairs for that price! They need a bit of tightening, something I hope my dad can do.

Have you scored any good finds lately? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments: