Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Few Small Successes

1) I managed to survive the two-year-old yesterday with my sense of humor intact. (It helped both of us that she took a much-needed 3 hour nap yesterday. For those of you coming over from FFL, do click through. You'll relate.)

2) I have walked most every day this week, even going for two walks a couple of days. We go over to the post office and get the mail in the morning and loop around town (it's a small town, people) and then in the afternoon we use the jogging stroller to go to the farm. No jogging, though. There would have to be hungry bears after me for such things to happen.

3) I am almost 100% caught up entering our bookwork on the computer. I started the year with Microsoft Money, then lost the file when my jump drive crashed. I then started on Quickbooks but found I'd rather slam my head in the door repeatedly than figure that program out. So I went back to Money, and just have a few receipts to square away. Whoo!

For more moms' small successes, visit Faith and Family Live.

5 comments:

Lori said...

You are so funny! I just love your sense of humor. :) The way you write, I can just envision things the way they happened!
(And by the way, I can relate to the hungry bear thing...girl, I haven't even thought about jogging in years!!)

ViolinMama said...

Love your sense of humor! Loved Goose's story, and we can SO relate! Love your blog!

Great job on the other 2...recording, planning, walking! You rock!

Unknown said...

The bookwork from the farm can bury me and it seems to creep up on me until there is a huge pile of stuff to do.

I tried Money also but couldn't quite warm to it. I use Quicken now and finally feel like I have a grasp on things.

Barbara said...

What a nice blog you have -- thanks for stopping by again to say "Hi!".

Angela said...

Those are great successes!

I love the way you write, you crack me up!