Monday, June 8, 2009

Link Overload

Here's what I bookmarked this week (shortest one yet, I think!):

DO:
Goose is a bit young for car games, but I've bookmarked this post from Women Living Well for things she could do. (I think I mentioned Mom's Minivan last week or so?) Similarly, here is a post on how to pack for a car trip with kids. (Make and Takes)

PRAY:
This post on Christianity Richly will serve as a good reminder next time I'm feelin spiritually exhausted. It usually ties in with emotions (and probably hormones) but it's good info.

Inside Catholic has a great article on why young children belong at Mass. Other than the obvious - they're made in the image of God, just as we grown-ups are! I'll repeat myself - I'm so blessed that our tiny parish welcomes little ones and the noises they make.

(As an aside - Four nuns were staying at the old parish rectory in our little town last week while conducting vacation bible school. They frequently walk and pray in the afternoons, and Goose and I were coming back from a walk one day when we met one of the sisters. Goose, recognizing the form from the prayer cards she looks at during church, hollered "Hi, Jesus!" I explained that Sister is actually Jesus's friend. I'm sure she got a chuckle out of it.)

Scott Hahn on Mary. 'Nuff said.

MAKE:
Here are some flowered hair clips that are so cute, they make my ovaries hurt. (koala brains)

Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog posted about these adorable baby shoes and these water bottle slings. Love them both!

I really like these goofy bags - especially how you can customize them to what you need AND how it explains putting in a zipper. I'm still quite fearful of that.

I love the ribbon trim on this little girl's skirt from oliver + s, found via Chasing Cheerios. Goose doesn't quite have the hang of skirts just yet, but soon!

4 comments:

koala brains said...

Thanks for linking! Your comment made me laugh. :) Would love it if you posted a pic of your hair clip on my flickr group.

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

It's so nice to meet you! And you have alot of great links here!!! Thanks!

Lori said...

Oh that is just darling what your little one said to the nun!! :) That made me chuckle out loud!!!

I love it when you post these links!

Have a great day!!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Had to LOL about the "Hi Jesus!" comment. I'm sure they enjoyed that.