Friday, July 3, 2009

7 Quick Takes, No Goose Version


--1--
I'm experiencing a different kind of freedom, and I'm not sure I like it. I'm all about "God Bless America" and very thankful for the blessings that come from living where we do. The freedom I'm talking about is not having a toddler around! Goose is visiting my parents while my brother's family is there, and I miss her so much already. As I was finishing up my grocery shopping yesterday, I kept feeling like I was missing something - it was not having a diaper bag slipping off my shoulder as I kept an eye on a darting two-year-old. I'm a bit worried that once I get her back, I'll do something like leave her in the car because I'll be out of practice! Good thing she's too vocal to let that happen.

--2--
Anybody notice I *really* forgot to do a garden update this week? (Eek, I've missed TWO weeks!) I thought about getting a pic on both Sunday and Monday, but didn't get it done while it was still light out, then I did a lot of running around to get Goose ready to go. I'm thinking for next week, I'll do more of a row-by-row update - some stuff is getting pretty tall!

--3--
We are hoping to catch a couple of baseball games this weekend, one minor league game and one . . . even more minor than that, but still professional ball. :>) Ever since my big brother took the field, I've loved the game. Hubs and I have joked that if we ever have a son, we'll nickname him "Javy" - which is short for Javier and sounds like a good baseball player's name (i.e. Javy Lopez who used to play for the Braves).

--4--
I have given up cold cereal for breakfast. Whoo! Now I just need to start planning so I can do better than just oatmeal every day. And I need to start getting up earlier to ride my bike before Goose gets up. We've been doing some walking over to the farm (per my mid-year resolutions but have found that the farm dog follows us home. I've been able to get her in the garage each time, but it is a hassle and if she gets over to the highway and gets hit, I'll feel terrible.

--5--
One of my cousins is getting married this summer, and we won't be able to attend her wedding shower. A while back, I read a post on Like Merchant Ships about mailing a prettily wrapped package. So, I wrapped the gift in white paper, tied on a wedding-y ribbon bow, and wrapped the whole thing in cellophane. I'd show you a pic but Blogger is *not cooperating*. I made sure to leave a spot not fully taped so she could get a finger in there to start unwrapping and I noted "OPEN HERE" with a sharpie. Hopefully she got a kick out of it!

--6--
For those of you still reading :>) could you please say a quick prayer for a few special intentions I have right now? One is something that I need to do - that I know God wants me to do - but the doors aren't readily opening for me to do it. I know that if I persevere, God's grace will be extremely abundant, but in my human-ness, it's so much easier to just sit back and wait.

--7--
I'm stuck on six things, so for my 7th, I'd love to share with you a few things I've blogged about this week. One is Prayerful Beads, where I purchased some beautiful rosaries for a very good price, another is how I successfully cooked a frozen casserole on the grill, and finally, how I organized my ribbon scraps for my little craft projects, especially taggie blankets and burp cloths.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary.

2 comments:

Jessie Weaver said...

What a neat idea for packaging a wedding present! I love Meredith (her blog and in real life--she's a neighbor!).

Jessie

PS I am so clicking over to see the casserole on the grill! That is one I have never heard.

Angela said...

Wow, I bet you are getting all sorts of things done without the little one around! Enjoy your time with your hubby!

Prayers for you, and your intentions.