Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Using Egg Shell to Catch Egg Shell Pieces

The other day when I was cracking eggs for breakfast, a tiny piece of shell splintered off into the bowl of cracked eggs. If you've ever tried to fish such a piece out with your finger or a spoon, you know that the harder you try, the more the tiny piece seems to squirt away! But, if you take one of the egg shell halves and use that to scoop out the wayward piece, it's much easier to catch.

For more kitchen tips, visit Tammy's Recipes.

This is my 100th post! I'm putting together some fun things for a BIG give-away, with something for everyone. I'll tell you that prizes include:
a homemade bathtub fishing game,
a homemade tag blanket,
a pair of baby leg warmers (can't believe I haven't told you about THOSE yet!),
a book on getting organized,
a household hints book,
a copy of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding,
a beautiful set of tins to organize craft stuff (or anything!),
a pair of fairy wings,
a vintage-ish cookbook, and
a vintage sewing/craft sort of book
- and MORE! So please check back - I'm all excited!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

A-mazing! I will have to try that next time Annie is cracking the eggs...
*grin*

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I can't wait to read the next 100! :-)

I never knew that tip about the egg shells, and that always seems to happen to me, so I'll definitely keep in mind... thanks!!

wodaking said...

hooray! happy 100th!