Saturday, October 24, 2009

Link Roundup, Making a [small] Profit Edition

My Etsy shop where I have listed my leg warmers is doing passably well. I've sold nine pairs, though six have been to people I already know. Still, not too shabby! I was thrilled - probably more than I should have been - by the three random people who purchased. It's also funny the ones that have sold out, they weren't the ones I expected. If I had done this last year, I could have made more of the animal ones . . . I can't find any this year. Ah, well.

Let's get to the link love!

MAKE
If you are one of my sisters-in-law, please do not click through to these button and wire brooches because you're probably going to get one for Christmas. (@ Crafty Pod)

I'm highly amused by some of the projects at Evil Mad Scientist. I'm thinking this might be something to tuck away for a few years until Goose and Hubs are ready to do some experimenting.

We're lucky that Goose hasn't had very many bumps, bruises, or falls, though I suspect that may change as she gets braver and tries more new things. It would probably be a good idea to have some of these homemade ice packs from Tipnut in the freezer at the ready.

This is one book that we don't have - and I didn't read in my childhood, either - but here are a number of crafts that go along with the book Where the Wild Things Are at the Crafty Crow. As an aside, though, we HAVE been thoroughly enjoying reading Corduroy - which I can't believe my Hubs never read as a child.

While I don't do much fresh flower arranging around here, I really like the idea of these pom-pom yarn flowers for little hands to arrange, from Happy Together.

EAT
Angela had us all drooling on Facebook when she noted she made Cinnabon copycat cinnamon rolls from All Recipes. I would love to make these, but my tendency to eat the whole pan would be a problem. Not for me, really - except for my rear - but for Goose and Hubs who would have to smell them and not get any.

These cranberry granola bars sound great! I never make stuff like this because I don't want to buy stuff like wheat germ and have it go to waste. But maybe if I bought wheat germ, I'd make stuff like this more often and get it used up?

I like to make candy at Christmastime mostly because I can eat a bit and give the rest away. (That's right, willpower is NOT my strongest virtue.) Homemade caramels from Giver's Log sound *awesome* right now.

Made it and thought it was great: slow cooker Italian chicken meal. Thanks, Amy's Finer Things! I also served it with some Sister Schubert's rolls that I got at Wal-Mart. It was a delicious meal. (The one my parents could've had if they'd have visited . . . too bad for you!) :>)

Can't go wrong here - candy corn bark at The Idea Room with a recipe for peppermint bark, too.

PRAY & PONDER
One quote from this article at Faith & Family Live on Mary and God's Mercy - "To receive [God’s] mercy, we must admit our faults" - I think we must also resolve, with the help of God's grace, to knock it off, too.

I thought there was a lot of wisdom in the article "No Family, No Peace" (also at F&FL).

This piece at F&FL links to four articles on Finding God in Infertility. Pretty powerful stuff.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Those granola bars look tasty! Good for a quick breakfast, methinks. Hey, this turtle has poked out her head again. Check my profile. I moved.

Elise said...

I have just discovered your blog and what a find it is. I think it is fabulous. I will certainly be a regular visitor.

Love the linky love as I enjoy "meeting" other crafty, inspiring mums.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Oh my goodness, homemade caramels sound soooo yummy! I'm off to check out a bunch of these links, thank you!!