Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Daybook for March 31, 2010

[Edit - while writing this, I heard a big thump from Goose's room where she was having "quiet time" and, well, she has gotten her first skinned knee and her first goose egg on her head in the same week! Ouch!]

Outside my window... Breezy again, but the sun is shining and it's in the 70s! I think it would be hot if not for the wind...

I am thinking... that I don't know where March went.

I am thankful for... forgiveness, and the ability to start anew.

From the learning rooms... Goose is working on a lesson in physics, that helium balloons don't stay up forever. I was able to cut off a bunch of heavy ribbon and "dead" balloons so that some are still floating, but the inevitable isn't going to be pretty, I don't think.

From the kitchen... I'm planning to make this Mushroom Soup from The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen site. My mom and I made it once and it was yummy. I also plan to make Katie's Hearty Lentil Stew for Good Friday. Other than that, lots of leftovers as I try to keep from wasting food - lasagna and meatloaf to name two.

I am wearing... a blue striped long-sleeved shirt and denim capri pants. And Crocs. I was probably about the last person to jump on the Crocs bandwagon but they are SO comfortable and I love being able to slip them off and on easily.

I am creating... a new "church bag" for Goose, similar to her Halloween treat sack that she's been using for her church bag. (I pack a handful of things in her church bag to help keep her quiet during church and moreso during Bible study.) This one has Care Bear appliques that I scavenged from a bargin bin piece that was the top for a jumper.

I am pondering... a chapter in Matthew Kelly's book "Rediscovering Catholicism" on fasting. Willpower has never been my strongest virtue, but this book puts things in a way unlike anything I've ever come across before.

I am reading... the same things as last week. And added to the pile: Midwives by Chris Bohjalian, The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved by Sandor Ellix Katz (that might go for a giveaway here!), and Household Ecology by Julia Percivall and Pixie Burger, which is from 1971 but I'm looking forward to flipping through. (It might also go as a giveaway.)

I am hoping... for another early bedtime for Goose tonight. She's tired.

I am hearing... windchimes from the front porch. I love how they sound.

Around the house... it's amazing what 20 minutes can do. Too bad I have about six rounds of 20 minutes that I need to do!

One of my favorite things... spring flowers. They will be blooming before we know it.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Holy Thursday and Good Friday services. I have little else besides that planned. Easter dinner will be at my in-laws.

A picture thought I am sharing... Goose enjoying her new paints.

No comments: