Saturday, May 22, 2010

Link Roundup - A/C Edition

That's right, I turned it on today. If we didn't hit 90 degrees, it was awfully close, and at one check this afternoon, it was 60+% humidity. Over 80 in the house, and I start to melt! I am more than happy to shut it off when it cools down outside and open the windows, but I'm the first to admit I'm a weenie when it's too hot.

So, let's check out some cool links. (RIMSHOT!) (Sorry...it's the heat.)

MAKE
Valerie at Frugal Family Fun Blog has done it again - check out these Sunset Silhouettes that she and her little one put together. (And also? Go vote to send her to Vermont and earn money for pancreatic cancer!)

Balancing Everything would like to know Who Wants to Make a Lap Desk? (I'm thinking it would be a good thing to have to keep my laptop from overheating my lap!)

It was all I could do to not run out and make one from this Thread Rack Tutorial from Sugar Bee Craft Edition. I love to pick up spools of thread at rummage sales and whatnot, and consequently have a ton! It's nice to have them sorted out neatly and whatnot so I can match a color to my project. I finally found a rack at a garage sale, though I don't have my browns, white, black, and greys on there. This idea is a SUPER way to organize a lot of thread.

OK, stay with me here. My Four Monkeys has a guest post from It's Quiet Now...What Do You Say with an Elephant Messenger Bag Tutorial. It's really cute!

Not sure if my nieces are into this yet or not but a girl and a glue gun shows us how to make Fancy Nancy Plume Pens. Back when I worked in retail, I just taped a flower on my pens. This is way cuter.

I really like this idea of A Windsock for Pentecost from Shower of Roses!

EAT
This might be more of a "make" but I love these Chocolate Party Spoons from Delicious Delicious Delicious. I think the key is having pretty candy!

Seriously, how could I NOT link to something called Brownies That Will Kill You With Delight?!? (@ Scribbit)

DO
With a nod to Amy at Finer Things for pointing this out, TheRustedChain is challenging us to Unplug It one day a week during the summer. Yup, it's nudging me all right...

PRAY & PONDER
Jen at Conversion Diary has an interesting post regarding artificial light and its effect on us in He Who Controls the Light. She mentioned in another post that she things it would be very interesting to have a B&B with no electric lights. There would be electricity for other stuff, just not lights. I know I could learn a big lesson there.

Along those lines, CNN has wants us to know Trouble Sleeping? Maybe It's Your iPad.

Amy at Finer Things is writing a series on motherhood called "Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me?" and the latest installment is Giving Comfort and Support During a Miscarriage. Lots of good comments, too.

If you don't click through to anything else, go read Kimberlee at Pondered in Her Heart's post called Matters of Her Heart. What I took away from that post is what a blessing ALL babies are - and I was reminded of something I read a while back called Welcome To Holland which is also really worth a click-through.

RANDOM
This probably is only of interest to those who are currently making milk or have in the past, but they crack me up - A Collection of Baby Blues Breastfeeding Cartoons at The Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog.

Connected to the above through the topic of babies, Bethany at Happy to Be Called Mommy wrote a post about her experience with Gestational Diabetes and how she was able to control it well through her diet.

Happy clicking and stay cool!

4 comments:

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Thank you so much for the link! And for helping to get the word out about voting!!! I truly appreciate it! xoxo :-)

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for the shout-out on the Thread Rack - it is really easy and love that so many people love it! Great list of links you've put together! - - Mandy, www.craftedition.blogspot.com

kim west said...

thanks for the shout out!

Sarah said...

Thanks for linking to my elephant bag tutorial :)