Friday, October 15, 2010

Link Roundup - Blink Edition

Man, time is flying. Harvest is in full swing here, Goose is enjoying preschool, I've added another part-time job, and the links are piling up. :>) Let's get to them!

MAKE
Decorating on the cheap - one of my favorite things! This time, it's Glazed Wall Art at Every Crafty Endeavor.

Another favorite thing, recycled crafts - Recycled Napkin Rings From Saran Wrap Tubes from Merriment Design.

I'm loving this homemade Chalk Paint from Mom's Crafty Space.

You know I still love Frugal Family Fun Blog, here are some of the reasons why: Outdoor Streamers, Painting...With Feet!, Pretend Car Wash, and Quick Craft - Leaf Necklace.

Skip to My Lou tells us how to make Recycled Pillow Box Favors.

This Rocket Mobile Chandelier from How Does She? is adorable in its own right, but you could change it up to any theme that tickles your child's fancy.

Hold On To Your Headbands - at Salty Pineapple, you can see this cool headband holder tutorial.

Also at Salty Pineapple, learn how to finger knit a Yarn Lei.

So many great ideas - Se7en Things To Do With a Pillow Case at Se7en.

Oh, mercy, I don't know if my fingers can take this much clicking - The Ultimate Handmade Holidays Master List 2009, with links to 2008 and 2007, too. (Want to see what I'm making? Check out my Handmade Christmas 2010... unless you are one of my sisters-in-law!)

We'll need to start working on learning how to tell time sooner or later, and I'm loving this Tick Tock I Made a Clock post at Two Shades of Pink.

Tipnut has a great roundup on Homemade Goodies for Baby.

EAT
I'm still on the hunt for a good and quick pizza crust recipe, and The Train To Crazy might have it with Pizza. Yum. (By the way, have you seen the new Pizza Crust Yeast? Apparently there are dough relaxers involved. Though I don't know what those are exactly...)

These Breakfast Rounds sound DELICIOUS, but please, please, please use butter instead of margarine! (from AllRecipies.com)

This is seriously making me hungry - Homemade Whole Wheat Pasta from Heavenly Homemakers.

DO
This year's garden is still limping along, but I'm still interested in How To Plant Just About Everything For Next Year at Kitchen Stewardship.

Lots of fun (and educational) Play Dough Activities at No Time For Flash Cards.

Oh, this could come in handy, especially with Christmas coming up - a reader tip on Money Saving Mom tells us how to Track Product Prices on Amazon.com.

Very fun idea, Someday Crafts! I love this Carnival Birthday Party.

I was really interested in this article at The Simple Dollar on Cultivating Domain Knowledge and Hobbies for Fun and Profit. The comments on ethics are also interesting.

So we all know that baking soda and vinegar make a volcano. But, Chasing Cheerios' Volcano Fun adds color and location (including sand).

I'm really interested in but kind of scared about growing garlic, though this post on Growing and Storing a Year of Garlic at A Way To Garden.

Speaking of gardens, lots of great Tomato Sauce Tips at Home Joys. I'll admit, though, I'm curious to know how much flavor (if any) is lost in that water. But really, I love being able to break food storage processing into a few days worth of work.

PRAY & PONDER
Like many parents, I struggle with finding the proper balance of discipline for Goose. She's a great kid, but she's still a kid and needs training to stay on the proper path. I need to spend more time reading about these Positive Discipline Cards from Single Dad Brad.

I'm on the thumbs down side, but there are lots of opinions on trampolines at Faith & Family Live's Go Ahead and Jump?

I'm not sure that this is my problem with being so crazy WARM at night, but I was really interested in this How To Cure Hypothyroidism Naturally at The Health Wyze Report.

Awesome. Only 91 left to go...

No comments: