Friday, October 22, 2010

Link Roundup - No Toys Edition

Goose has been going through a spell lately where she refuses to pick up her toys at the end of the day. I make sure that it isn't too overwhelming by helping her with the teeny stuff, directing her, etc. She did well for quite a while, but it's been a struggle lately. So I made a new rule that if she refused to pick up and mama had to do it, that stuff would get put away.

At first, it was just gone until the next day, and I didn't have to take things away every day. Then I started making her go two days until she got it back, and she got worse at picking up her toys. So I switched it up to keeping them until she decides to help pick up, then the next morning she gets one item or group of things back. Yesterday was her first day getting something back, today was her second. Tonight, I had to take away both those things plus some random stuffed animals. Wow, three is a good time.

Let's talk about things that won't make us gnash our teeth.

MAKE
So easy even I could do it :>) - Circle Skirt Tutorial at MADE.

no big dill shows us how to make a CD or DVD Envelope when you want to give them as gifts or just pretty them up.

I'm still a sucker for quiet books, and this one at Oopsey Daisy is no exception.

At first I wasn't sure about these Pipe Cleaner Covers from Pony Tails & Fish Scales, but they are really quickly growing on me. Lots of possibilities!

Rhythm of the Home has a quick and easy tutorial on turning a Sweater into a Scarf - wow!

Very cute - this Mini Purse and Toddler Wallet at seven thirty three is a very fun idea.

Pondered in My Heart has a tutorial on How To Make a Lace Chapel Veil.

Martha Stewart makes me twitchy, but these Pipe Cleaner Creatures are awfully cute.

I'm still cracking up over this Super Easy Monster Hand Puppet at Frugal Family Fun Blog. [My subtitle: This is what happens when a little one sneaks into craft supplies.]

EAT
I haven't poked around much, but the theory itself is interesting: Make 5 Dinners in 1 Hour. (It's a subscription thing, but you can check it out.)

Cheap, healthy, and delicious. Why don't I eat more of this stuff? Katie at Kitchen Stewardship is encouraging us to Try Some Squash.

Natural Health Goodies is talking about Water Kefir. I'm intrigued and afraid, especially since an IRL friend recently told me about how hers crashed and burned and resulted in everything in an entire cupboard being thrown out. Eew.

While I don't mind kneading bread, I like to have tips like this in my arsenal - How To Shape a Baguette/No Knead Bread Hack at the kitchn.

I'm glad we're still getting tomatoes out of the garden because I forgot I had this recipe for Candied Tomatoes from The Splendid Table.

Oh, mercy, can you imagine slices of this Parmesan Reggiano Bread from A Kat's Life with a delicious plate of spaghetti?

I wouldn't know fennel if it walked up to me and punched me in the nose, but these Roasted Winter Vegetables from Kitchen Stewardship sound yummy.

I wasn't so sure about this Roasted Vegetable Minestrone from The Pioneer Woman; by the end, I knew what I'll be doing with the rind of Parmesan cheese I have in the freezer right now.

Ooh, English muffins are definitely on my list of things to try making, and these Sourdough English Muffins at GNOWFGLINS.

We were not a fan of black bean brownies (Hubs said "uh, are these organic or something?") but holy wow the rest of these Special Brownies at A Whisk and A Prayer.

Two ingredients. "The Bread". The Pioneer Woman.

Yet another bread recipe, this time No Knead Dinner Rolls from Salt and Chocolate.

I think Hubs would be a big fan of this Honey Cake from Delshad Duo.

Chilly weather is just around the corner, and I'm going to give this Slow Cooker Lentil Brown Rice Casserole a try.

DO
Here is the latest installment of Alphabet Coloring Pages at Pondered in My Heart. I've linked to previous ones before - I will be using these with Goose's preschooling; they are awesome!

Keeper of the Home tells us how to Preserve Summer's Bounty by canning, dehydrating, freezing, lacto-fermentation and more.

Yard sale season is nearly over here, so I'm tucking away the ideas from Teach Mama's What You Need From Your Local Yard Sales.

PRAY & PONDER
Lots of food for thought in Seeking Simplicity - Child's Play is a Job Well Done at Kitchen Stewardship.

Whew - if I can get just ONE more roundup in this week, I'll be caught up. Whoo! Happy clicking, friends!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Poor Momma! I remember those cantankerous threes very well!

Kim said...

Also wanted to say that I am surprised that you're also still getting tomatoes in October...especially in Nebraska!

Ray said...

My wife wanted to take away one of my toys when I lost my job, the XF, but I threw a tantrum and got to keep it.

You may remember I have a grandson, Joshua, born the day after Goose was. He started preschool this year and it has been interesting. His brother started kindergarten too.

My son often says Joshua is going to end up in prison for the way he tries to beat up on his older brother when things don't go his way.

Goose needs a sibling, or maybe 2 or 3. Twins or triplets would make your life very interesting now.

Lenetta said...

I couldn't agree more that Goose needs a sibling or six, Ray. Put a good word in with The Guy in charge of that, would you? :>)

PS - Go Rangers! :>)

Ray said...

OK, what's hubby's cell phone number, I'll give him a call. :-)

Hey, we may finally agree on something, I'm actually rooting for the Rangers. They deserve it.

Zimms Zoo said...

hey i had noticed you haven't posted in awhile and i haven't seen you on FB. Just checking to see how things were going with your family member that is so sick. Praying!

Lenetta said...

Thanks for asking, Christy - things are going well, busy as usual this time of year. I've been meaning to at least do a daybook post, but time just gets away, you know? My father in law is doing pretty well, slowing dow a lot, but in good spirits. We had family pictures done this weekend and it was very special.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I need to start taking away Clara's toys if she refuses to help pick up... that's a good idea!

Thanks so much for the link love!! xoxo :-)

Avid said...

Thanks for your posts! You know I have you bookmarked (oneof just a few) and love looking at your links! Just popping in to say thanks! How I wish I was related to you! :)

Lenetta said...

Aww, that's so sweet! Thanks so much for stopping by!