Monday, February 28, 2011

No Sew Lace Rosary Roses


I'm sure there are plenty of ideas for this sort of thing around the 'net, so what's one more? This idea was inspired by this post by Kimberlee at Pondered in My Heart. I am not too in practice with my crochet hook these days, so I decided to do a no-sew version with lace, flannel, and hot glue.






I made up a leaf pattern and traced it onto flannel, then cut them out. I made 13, ten for Hail Marys, one for Our Father, one for Glory Be, and one for the Fatima prayer.








Using scraps of mostly thrifted lace, I just cut them to similar sizes and then rolled them up starting at one end.








With the hopes that the flower would not be pulled loose, I used quite a bit of hot glue and pushed the bottom of the lace rose in it. I then went back and put a dab of hot glue on to hold the edge of the lace on the outside.







Goose and I gave it a trial run this morning, and I was pleased with the outcome. It is my hope that we can incorporate some prayer together during Lent, and perhaps it will be a habit to continue on afterwards.




See lots more ideas for Lent for little people at Catholic Icing and see what everybody else is making here:

7 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Lovely! Lovely! What a great idea, to use the rolled up lace. I love the picture of 'Goose' with the baskets. Ave Maria!

Melissa @ Homegrown Catholics said...

Excellent idea. I'm pretty crafty myself and think my kids would take to this idea! (Found you on Catholic Icing.)

Angela said...

Love it!

Kristi said...

Whata fantastic idea!

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

Love it! I never take the time to actually sew stuff anymore. Lol!

Jenny said...

Beautiful, I had never seen this before. I have a couple of girls who would love this activity.

Anonymous said...

these are great!! I made some using rolled up santin like material but these look even easier!!